Mr. Hoffman started with the firm in 1997 as a tax season intern to begin his accounting career, and has been a shareholder in the firm since 2007. He is involved in the tax, consulting, and financial reporting practices of the firm. He is also responsible for the recruiting efforts of the firm.
His specific areas of expertise include:
- Income tax preparation and consulting for various industries including agriculture, cooperatives, manufacturing, wholesale, real estate, professional services companies, sanitation services, non-profits, and special districts.
- Large concentration of clients in agriculture, farming and tree-farming industries.
- Financial reporting services for clients in these same industries.
- Litigation support services.
- Peer review of other CPA Firms.
Mr. Hoffman graduated magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting from California State University, Bakersfield (CSUB). He remains involved with CSUB as a member of the Accounting Advisory Group, a group of local professionals and accounting professors dedicated to assisting local students enter the profession.
Mr. Hoffman is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CSCPA). He serves as a member of the audit committee of the United Way of Kern County, and is a board member of Goodwill Industries of South Central California. He is an active member, and Treasurer, of the North Rotary Club of Bakersfield. He is also a past member of the Board of Directors of the CSCPA.
Mr. Hoffman enjoys playing sports of all kinds, outdoor activities, and spending time with his wife and their daughters.
Click here for a PDF version of Mr. Hoffman's bio.